Sunday, December 8, 2013

Desires

am facing one of the hardest seasons of my life. Im torn between having my son or completing tasks and focussing on our projects in Honduras. 

I don't have a nanny or a baby sitter. Jayden has never stayed with anyone except for family and that is only maybe a week a year. He is with me 24/7. If I am up, he is up. If I am in the shower, he is in the shower. If I am on a project, he is on the project. If I try to escape to the bathroomfor privacy I soon have raccoon hands pawing at the door. 

On the projects we don't have the assistance we need. Over the next few months I am faced with not only doing all of the previous responsibilities that I was challenged with accomplishing, but I now have to host teams alone for a season. 

How will I do it with a toddler in tow?

I have decided to leave him in the states a while with family. It was really my only option. 

That being said, my heart is breaking. My desire is to be with my family. My heart aches not having him here. He is my delight. He brings a smile to my face. He brings joy. I crave his presence. 

Do you crave the presence of a loved one?

How much greater does our Creator desire our presence? He wants to hear our praise. He wants to hear our heart. He wants to be known. 

If my heart is aching, how much more does His heart ache?

We are passing through the time of year when we are celebrating Him. The Savior. The only son that offered it all for us. How well do you know Him? How well do you know your Father? It is fun to celebrate the birth.  How well do you really know the birthday boy?

He CRAVES you! His desire is to love you! Don't get so caught up in celebrations and traditions that you forget to celebrate HIM! Spend time with Him. Feel His love and presence where you are at. That is His desire! Like a new parent that coddles their new born. Take time to let Him wrap His arms around you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment