Monday, January 7, 2013

I didn't deserve that!


I have a hard time receiving help from friends and loved ones. I kind of like to think that I can do it ALL. And I mean ALL ON MY OWN!

I have had a special person staying with us off and on over the past month. She is one of a kind. I wish I could express how much she means to me. I almost feel as if I am being accompanied by Mother Goose every where I go. She always seems to have time to help. She is SO organized. I am not organized at all and always seem to run out of time. I always have something left to do. Being around her makes me want to be a better person. She makes me want to be more patient. More loving. More helpful. I fall short compared. WAY short! I hope one day with time and experience I will be as wise. Now that my little tangent about my failures is over I can get back to my purpose of writing. SHE HELPS ME!

Any task or job I have and am working on, she helps me complete it. If I spill something all over the floor (I am super clumsy!), she helps me clean it! If I am working on paperwork that takes me months to complete, she helps me finish it!  If I forget what I needed to get done, she keeps me on track. The truth is I need a copycat version of her beside me ALL the time. Or maybe she will stay and never leave. (PLEASE GOD!!!) A few days ago I made lunch and was just finishing eating, she was already at the sink washing dishes. It embarrassed me. I hopped up to go try and grab the sponge and start washing. It was my mess. Why should she clean it? She told me to go do something else because she could help. The first thought that crossed my mind was "I don't deserve this!"

I don't deserve much of anything! Do you? Nope!

Does it really matter? NO!!!

We have GRACE! I LOVE His GRACE!  I NEED His grace!

Ephesians 2:8 ~ It is by His grace that we are saved!

1 Corinthians 15:10 ~ We live by the grace of God! (I am what I am because of Him.)

2 Corinthians 12:9 ~ His grace makes me strong!

I love Titus 3:7~ That being justified (justified means to be declared righteous) by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.  

MEANING: I get to inherit eternal life. I don't have to work for it! I don't earn it by good deeds. I am given it freely through love.

Definition of God's grace - Unmerited Divine Favor!
Something my daddy taught me. This is also why I get to be a Kings Kid!

What is favor? - Websters says:
(a) Friendly regard shown towards another especially by a superior.
(b) Gracious kindness
(c) A special privilege or right granted or conceded
(d) Something done or granted out of goodwill, rather than from justice or for remuneration.
(e) Excessive kindness or unfair partiality or preferential treatment.

I am favored. Not just by God, but I am favored among men! I don't just want to receive favor, but I want to shower people with favor! I want people to know me for spreading gracious kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment