Monday, February 11, 2013

Just My Paradigm...

CLAIMER: It is late and there are probably typos. I will proof it later. LOL

One thing that is great about being in Honduras and working on the projects is the unity that is brought amongst churches. It has been great to see how God brings people along side of us that help support and carry the vision of Open Doors through to completion in many areas. It is encouraging to me when I see long time friends and family take an interest and support something we are doing because it brings affirmation.

That being said, there are somethings that I really do not like. One of those things is a common question asked by close friends... What do you need?

Tonight, I had a friend write to me asking what I needed. My instant reply is that He has provided and I have no needs. That is said from the bottom of my heart. He is my constant supply. He called me to this. He gave me this burden and passion. He will supply every major and minor NEED that we have. Then it gets worse. I mean, what do you need. As in me personally? Nothing!

My mom just snipped at me and told me to not be prideful. I snipped back. It is what I do best, she IS after all my mom. "Pride? Do I not walk with you through stores and ask you if you NEED it? Is that not what I always do?" She nodded and went to bed. Only because she knows my true heart.

I live in a third world country, NOT first world! Let me give you some examples...

In the United States (First World):

We need a larger television to watch the Super Bowl.
We need a new computer because our memory is totally consumed.
We need new shoes because nothing in the closet matches that new dress.
We need new jeans because we gained too much weight over the holidays.
We need a new car because our warranty is almost expired and our child is almost 16 anyways.
We need desert because we are just not satisfied after that big steak dinner.

In Honduras (Third World):

I need water. (I currently collect rain water to bathe with and would love a hot water heater)
I need a decent car. (I get break down late at night on back mountain roads and no phone signal with my son WAY too much!)
I need a pair of shoes. (My one pair of flip flops lost their flip and no longer flop, but shuffle.)
I look out my window and need clothes for the neighborhood. (Half of the kids are naked or almost naked because the poverty is SO HIGH.)
I need some rice and beans so I can feed a few hundred kids the only meal most of them will have that day.
I need some medicine because one of the areas in need of a feeding station is too poor to get transportation to seek medical help at the public facilities so a baby has pneumonia.

You may call me prideful. I view it as being realistic. A real need is what is found in the third world column. The rest... WANTS. I "want" a lot of things. Something that I would LOVE is to just have additional funding so we can build that fourth casita and save some more kids. I cannot of course say this to people every time they ask my needs.

I don't expect you to understand me, but please don't judge me. God has placed a burden that BURNS in my heart! You will never fully understand, and that is okay. Just accept it for what it is and pray! PLEASE!!!

I am so thankful for the offers! I lack for nothing! I miss luxuries, but I don't want them. I want to continue touching lives and changing futures.  I want to meet the true "NEEDS" and share His love. I want to continue saving girls from sexual torture. I want it SO badly and SO strongly that I gave up the First World and live where I can only SEE the Third World no matter which country I reside in. I wish it were contagious because frankly being in the United States is making me SICK!

No comments:

Post a Comment